BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 6, 2012

#2 One Key Item for Fall 2013

Tonight kicks off New York Fashion Week with FNO (Fashion's Night out). A night filled with star-studded events, drinks, and fashion...what more can a girl ask for? This fashion week is showing the world the trends for Spring 2013 but I don't want to talk about Spring because quite honestly, I love Fall more! Fall has that perfect temperature that isn't too hot or too cold, the different color leaves that vary from red to orange to green, and the ability to pull out all those boots you've had in the closet for way too long! So who is crazy enough to talk about trends a year from now? THIS GIRL! Even retailers are already looking for what to design for Fall/Winter 2013 because they work 6-8 months in advance. However, the public doesn't realize that.
Forecasters are a great way to better understand where fashion is going towards and lets be honest, fashion repeats its self. The only difference is the color palette, trimming, or detailing of the garment. There is 1 key item that I recommend every woman have in their closet by next fall. This is the Bell Skirt. I am already starting to slowly see woman wearing it in the city but I forecast it to be a huge trend by Fall 2013. Back in the 1960's the major trends were flower power, peace signs, and bell bottom jeans and skirts! What is different this time around is that the designers are making it more structured. Therefore, you are going to see more over-skirt like ruffles on the waist, or a high wasted leather belt to exaggerate the hourglass-type silhouette. So ladies start working out those legs so by next Fall you can work that Bell Skirt like no other woman can! Until next time...


Xoxo,
Alexa

1 comments:

Nathalie Peña said...

Hi Alexa!
I also love fall, and I can't wait till it comes because I'm tired of summer! I love bell skirts; they are so trendy, and I like how it gives the body more shape and an hour-glass silhouette. I see the bell skirt with ruffles a lot, especially in dresses, so I know it's definitely going to be a key item for fall 2013!