BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 20, 2012

#3 Street Style Finds in NYC

Living in the biggest fashion capital of the nation has its perks. From being able to watch Jason Wu's Spring 2013 collection to seeing Nick Jonas perform on the broadway stage, I'd say I have it pretty good. Growing up in a suburb near Dallas, TX I would say the fashion was not up to par as New York City. It took awhile for the trends seen in New York Fashion Week to trickle-down to Dallas, TX. My realization was that there were not as many people in Dallas willing to take the risk of wearing something completely different than everyone else and being the "trendsetter." I was one of those people that took risks because if you feel confident in that look then everyone else is going to see you working it down that street like it's your own runway. Now currently going to one of the top fashion schools in the world (FIT), I'd say I fit right right in. No one judges you for what you are wearing and I can just feel the creative juices flowing when I walk the hallways of my school. During NYFW, I spotted some great street trends but I'd like to only point out one. This surprisingly not apparel but in accessories! 


60's Inspired Round Sunglasses
(Via Harper's Bazaar)

(Via Fab Sugar)

(Via Harper's Bazaar)

These 60's inspired sunglasses are such a cute and feminine trend for women. I see so many woman and college students wearing these during NYFW and I find it to be a huge trend right now and especially next Spring. So ladies, whatever city you might live in, become a trendsetter and go out and buy these new trendy sunglasses! Because by Spring every woman will have a pair of these adorable sunglasses! Until next time...

Xoxo,
Alexa

0 comments: